Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Woah... a little surprised!

Okay so for the past three or so days, I have been intensely looking at dog magazines online and in stores (when they actually have them). I am just trying to first understand the formatting and designing of a magazine when it revolves solely around an animal, and in this case, simply one type of animal. It's funny because one would think dog or animal magazines in general may be pretty simple to create because I mean, they're just animals right? Wrong! After having analyzed magazine covers, contents, ads, and spreads in my AICE Media class two weeks ago, I learned the formatting and designs of many different kinds of magazines. It's funny because even with the animal magazines, they still follow the same formats as a typical entertainment or fashion magazine would. The cover "model" aka a cute animal, is usually looking straight into the camera just as a runway model does, or there are also covers of animal action shots, such as the cover of a sports magazine. There are still color schemes, emphasis on the mastheads, cover lines, and all that other good stuff. It's not like there can be much to write about, so how could one make a whole magazine about one specific animal, you say? Well, according to my recent research and observations, these animal magazines include all sorts of interesting information and topics. Although I personally think I will enjoy creating my magazine because it revolves around dogs (I have three of them) and I like knowing how to properly care for them, I do not think it will necessarily be a walk in the park.









No comments:

Post a Comment